Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pictures

I have pictures. Some are cute and some are just of my new hair cut which apparently is very important to see. (Settle down Sharlon.)

These first pictures are of Max, who is smiling and turned 3 months old yesterday. Erin took them and I think she did a great job.


You can tell he is a Wells. He looks just like Holly did, but he has Sammy's incredible blue eyes. What a cutie!

I have been learning new things this week. I have learned how to use a blow dryer and a round brush . . . at the same time. And I figured out how to use the timer on my camera, so I could get some pictures taken fast and post them. It is amazing how one haircut can change your life.
You may ask why I am tipping my head . . . I don't know. I really wasn't trying to be cute. Maybe I was trying to hide the open bathroom door in the back. It's more likely I am not used to bangs and I am flipping them out of the way.
I took a dozen or so pictures and these are the best of my hair cut, not of me. I took them at 5:30 in the morning, and I am not wearing makeup. I look, well, my age.
To answer your questions: No I didn't color my hair. This is my natural color. I cut out all the highlights from chemicals and the sun.
Yes, I donated to "Locks of Love."
No, I didn't cry. You should have seen how gross and damaged the cut hair was. I was glad to see it go.
Yes, I love it. It actually moves, and I no longer have headaches or neck aches from the weight of my hair.
Can you tell this has been a big deal all week? I forget that you should never do anything drastic to yourself when your teaching. The kids can't concentrate for days. The thing is, I didn't think it was that huge. I've had bigger changes. But even the teachers were a little freaked. On our field trip to Ballet West Monday, they sent people looking for me because they couldn't find me. I was standing right next to them, but they didn't recognize me. (Actually, I thought that was funny.)
So, not an exciting post, but at least the pictures of Max are cute.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

That's so funny about tilting your head. Brian does that every time he has his picture taken. Emma always has to remind him not to do it. Must run in the family...

Erin said...

I love your haircut! You are so pretty! You were before but now we can see you better.

Sharlon said...

Love the hair cut! Glad you like it too. Funny about the kids being bugged out about it.
Max is adorable too!!

Alysia said...

I really like the new cut. It looks hip, and young.

I understand the head tipping thing. I swear by long hair, but I hate having it in my face. It is so difficult to wear it 'down'....

Thanks for the pictures.