Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Days of Christmas . . .

First of all, kudos to Sarah and Sharlon who are both doing Twelve Days of Christmas blogs to keep them in the spirit. I can't tell you how much I needed that yesterday. And since my comments are WAY too long for the comment section, you guys will just have to read my blog:)

Yesterday I had to deal with the one thing I hate the very most about the holidays. I absolutely abhor the traffic. It is a deep loathing that I can't seem to get out of my system. Utah drivers are crappy anyway. I feel I can safely say this because I am one of them and I am a crappy driver. But at Christmas, we're all out on the road at the same time and it drives me absolutely insane. Maybe this is because all the Driver's Ed teachers were the football coaches. Honestly, what do you remember about Driver's Ed?

Yesterday, when it was still snowing terribly, we had a field trip to go on. The bus was supposed to pick us up at 9:00 but it wasn't there until 9:15. We had to drive from Holladay to the U of U, a drive of about 15 to 20 minutes. It took us an hour because of the other idiots on the road. (And the idiot driver?) Not an accident, just stupid people going too fast or too slow and inevitably causing me pain. An hour on a bus with 70 Christmas-hyper kids. Your head would hurt too.

And we were an hour late for our field trip.

After school I had to go to the pharmacy and finish up some Christmas shopping, and people were ignoring my blinker, my car, basic rules of the road, etc.

I got home and crawled into bed.

No Christmas spirit for me. No Red Ryder BB gun, or a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, or Zu-Zu's petals. It was me grouchy (should I say Grinchy?) So if any of you have some Christmas tips, (Sarah, Sharlon, anybody?) I could use them.

Something besides stay off the roads. I think I learned that one.

3 comments:

sarah louise said...

Did you read my blog a few days before I started the 12 days things! I was very grumpy too. Honestly the holidays stress me out and make me mean and grumpy. That is why I have been trying to focus on the little things that make me happy (it might be hard to even come up with 12!)
I feel your pain my friend! I also really feel bad for you to have to be on bus with that many holiday pumped up kids. No wonder why you are grumpy!

christina pettit said...

Thanks for the validation. ISn't it awful to be the crabby person while Jingle Bells is playing? :)
In other news, I feel better now, and may soon watch a little Muppets Christmas Carol

Sharlon said...

I agree with Sarah. I was doing it to remind me of all the good that happens this time of year. Trying to stay focused on that and not all the crap that seems to be going around. Did you see the post about my murdered mailbox? No extra money this time of year for projects like that! And a mailbox is a must needs have item!Agghhhhh!!
So as you can see we can all be grumpy together! Especially if your stuck on a bus with school kids for that long!! To parents like me, your a SAINT!!