Tuesday, June 2, 2009

End of the Year

I truly am sorry for not blogging sooner. I wanted to post pictures of the new place but my camera has been at my sister's since Rob graduated, and the batteries are dead anyway, and the place is still a mess, so the pictures will come later. But we're moved in and almost all unpacked. We moved Erin last week end. Hopefully everyone will stay for a while because we're all tired. Or at least I am.

Plus, it is the last week of school and I am struggling to keep the kids focused on learning. I know. I have to hold back the laughter every time I say that out loud too. It doesn't help that the CRT testing ended a month ago. We had to have almost everything taught before testing started so they could pass the test. The last few weeks have been a steady stream of social studies and novel units.

But this week is a mess. And I am already worn to a frazzle. It is Tuesday morning, and I haven't even left for work yet. But here's the schedule for the week. Maybe you'll get my drift:

Monday - regular schedule
Tuesday - Fourth Grade talent show (usually takes between 2 and 3 hours)
Wednesday - Field Day
Thursday - Awards Assembly
Friday - Quiet Day, for cleaning.

Notice that the afternoons are all open. So we get the kids all crazy and then I have to pull them together and teach math. Again, laughter.

But I imagine it has been this way since school began. I know the last week has always been this crazy. My one consolation is that on Saturday, I begin a VERY long weekend.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are amazing! Yeah teachers!