Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Travel Stress


I haven't had seizures since December 10th, so Yea, Me!

But . . .


Every time I travel, even to the family reunion in Oregon, I stress. and stress is a major factor in causing my seizures. (Okay, so maybe that one might be cause for more stress, not less)
This last trip to Disneyland was a fun, breezy trip. And I stressed.
My family doesn't like it, but they're used to it. Now they have MP3 players and iPods, so they can shut me out. I also notice that more and more, my family avoids me during the preparation phases.
We all cope in various ways.

However, I am supposed to go on a cruise to the Bahamas with Kathi and Brittanie and we are no where near ready to go. Kathi hasn't even picked up her passport yet, which she had to expedite.

And now I am really stressing out because yesterday, Kathi asked if I would take over planning. She's been pretty sick and doesn't know what to do for a cruise. She assumes I do because I've been on one before. I let Autumn handle all the details then, just like I do whenever I travel with Autumn. Can't do that now.

So here is my to do list for today:

Rent a car because we missed the shuttle dead line
Book a hotel in Miami
Get passport numbers (hoping Kathi has picked hers up and Brittanie finds hers) and register for our cruise

Try not to stress

Hear's hoping modern medicine does it's thing and I have a non-stressful, seizure free, vacation

I don't think the 12 pack of Diet Pepsi is going to be enough today. I am definitely going to need ice cream eventually.



4 comments:

Autumn said...

Seriously, let me know what I can do to help. :) I can help you rent the car and get your hotel room if you want. You know I love doing that stuff. :)

Jennie-O said...

I was going to suggest having Autumn help plan the trip even though she isn't going... :)

Erin said...

yeah Autumn! I would help but bringing over my children might add to your stress.

Autumn said...

Micah asked me last night if I wanted to be a travel agent... maybe I should look into it...