Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time?

Hey family and friends! Congratulate me, I've got a blog, I'm caught up with the times!

Okay. So I teach school. From September to June, all teachers are dreaming of summer and what we will do when we don't have to get up and go to work. And then, after two weeks, we're looking around asking, what now?

Maybe it's different if you're married with kids. Maybe you ask after four weeks. But I only have two room mates and we all take care of our own messes pretty much. Even so, in the summer I realize I have a little more time on my hands than they do, so I do a little more than my share of the chores. It's fair. They take care of me during my nervous breakdowns when we're having our standardized tests.

But now I am looking at my clean kitchen, my clean bathroom, my clean livingroom, and I'm thinking "what now?" In the last 5 weeks since school got out I have accomplished the following:

  • moved to a new apartment (by myself)
  • helped my room mates move to our new apartment
  • planted a garden (why? I dislike gardening)
  • moved the computer to our new apartment
  • got lab work done that my doc's been askig for since last fall
  • went to the doctor's
  • read a little more than 3,000 pages in said 5 weeks
  • learned how to make a virgin pina colata and strwberry daquiri
  • threw a party and made said drinks
  • cleaned up from party without a vacuum
  • visited the book store 7 times
Yes. I am bored. To tears. Happily, I will be going to Hawaii on the 20th. My cousin is spending her vacation doing a Pioneer Trek. Dressed in Pioneer clothing. I may be bored but I'm not that bored.

2 comments:

Erin said...

welcome to the blogging world.

I love it! You really should be a writer.

Love ya!
Erin

sarah louise said...

Oh for my house to be clean and to be bored...what is that like, I don't remember!

I am excited that you have a blog. I miss you!