Friday, August 1, 2008

Souvenirs

I really have no news. In fact I'll bet Erin will post these pictures on her blog too. But they are so cute!


I love to shop for souvenirs. Not really for me. I have sadly come to the realization that there are only so many t-shirts I can own. So when I go on vacation, I shop for everyone else.


But the big fun this time was clothing. Come on, it's Hawaii!




Holly and Sam are my adorable niece and nephew. Holly is 6 and Sam will 3 in three weeks. They have been in Minnesota all summer and I have really missed them. These two are my sweethearts. Aunties really try hard not to play favorites but I have with everyone of them from time to time. And Holly and Sam and I have bonded over many things including teaching and learning how to give "wet willies", trips to the bookstore, and a long drive to Disneyland when the three of us shared a backseat.



Anyone who knows Sam knows he could really end up "hanging ten" some day. I can see Sam driving around looking for some good waves in his pickup with his longboards in back. So now he has the clothes. He just needs a pair of flipflops.



Holly is every inch the princess, unless she's giving you a "wet willie." So I got her something frilly. And here they are!:


I got Erin a lei made from nuts and painted with flowers (Holly is wearing it). It was much easier to get home than lei made of real flowers.

But my favorite find was a fluke. I called Erin from Hawaii and asked if her husband Rob would feel left out . . . was he dying for an Aloha shirt? Apparently not because Erin laughed.

Then at Pearl Harbor I found this great magnet. It was an old WWII propaganda poster. There is a picture of this plane crashed into pieces and it says "Warning! Consider the Consequences if You Don't Do Your Job!" Rob is in the MBA program at BYU. So Rob, you get a motivational magnet and the knowledge that I am openly encouraging your son to live on the beach and catch waves for the rest of his life.

Hope you like it! I laughed out loud.


No comments: