Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sam

As you all know from my last post, Max was born Saturday. I neglected to say that he was a healthy 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 inches long. And, of course, he is adorable. But so are all my nieces and nephews. I mean, have you seen the pictures?! :)

Unfortunately, Sammy had a terrible cold when Max was born so he couldn't really be near the baby. It's a hard thing trying to get a 3 year old excited about a baby brother, and then refusing to let him touch his brother. But seriously, the kid was SICK. I went down on Sunday to stay with the kids while Rob was with Erin. And Sam, who is usually hell on wheels, laid on the couch with me all day.

This was taken at the hospital when we visited Erin and Max on Saturday. Can you see the oozing? This kid just looks sick.

I took a personal day on Monday and went down again to help. Sam was a lot better. still running at the nose a little, but getting into trouble and having temper tantrums, so, situation normal. My job was to keep the 3 year old whirlwind busy and relatively quiet while Erin slept after that first night home. All you mothers know that's not the funnest experience.

After watching Kung Fu Panda for the third time in two days, I desperately pulled out my MP3 player. (There's only so much I will or can take). Sam loves music and he fell in love with the MP3 player.

And I got these shots. What you can't see is him bouncing to the music. He would say "next" when he didn't like or know the song. It had to have rhythm.

His favorite? Route 66 and Life is a Highway from the Cars soundtrack.




He looks so "cool." Such a dude.




















This is Sam singing along. He knew every word.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I can just see him doing that! So cute!

Erin said...

That is one awesome kid!

Thanks for all of your help.

You are the best sister in the world.