Monday, September 8, 2008

I expected this in Rosepark

At 10:00 tonight I was trying to decide if I wanted to watch Intervention or Jon & Kate plus 8. And I was trying to decide how important a Diet Pepsi was to me (meaning, did I want to get up and go to the 7/11 to get it). Then I heard voices outside my window. My window looks over the parking lot. I left it wide open (whoops). So I looked out and I see a dozen people or so clustered around my car, which is parked right in front of our duplex. Upon closer inspection I see a police car. Blocking me in. And the cop to go with it.
I texted my roommates to make sure they weren't in any trouble down there. Then I came down stairs for a glass of water (for a better view from our living room window).
that's when I saw another cop car, paramedics, and a guy sitting on a gurney. Hmmmmm.
As I am typing this they are taking this guy away, and my roommate has just informed there were three cop cars, an ambulance, and a firetruck. She was waiting on the street to come into the parking lot for a while.

Who says there's never a cop when you need one. There's one blocking me in right now so I can't go get a Diet Pepsi.

I'll wait down here and see how this thing works out. Sometimes I miss Rosepark. The programming on TV tonight was looking pretty boring anyway.

3 comments:

Sharlon said...

Hey! Quit knocking the hood!!! JK
Sounds like you've had a lot of excitement. Hope the rest of your evening is a lot more uneventful. At least your car only got blocked in and not damaged in anyway. You need a year supply of Diet pepsi under your bed just for emergencies like this... You can never be too prepared!!!

Jennie-O said...

Christina does have a year supply of Diet Pepsi under her bed.....in empty bottles!! Hee Hee Hee. Besides, if she had a year supply of Diet Pepsi under her bed, we would NEVER see her.(At least I wouldn't, since I live in the dungeon aka basement).

christina pettit said...

I cleaned out those bottles last weekend!
Sorry Looie, there are parts of Rosepark that aren't bad. But have you been by my old house lately? It looks so rundown! And how many shootings and rapes went on when we were growing up?