Saturday, September 20, 2008

Smallville and other obsessions


Did you watch it?! The season premiere for season 8 of Smallville was Thursday. I turned off my phone, bought a Diet Pepsi and some other junk food and settled in to watch. It was OK. I was mostly excited to see Green Arrow in the opening credits. (Justin Hartley)

I usually miss about half the episodes of Smallville because I am, unfortunately, a Survivor fan as well. And they are on at the same time. I also love The Office, and while that is regularly at 8:00, it moves around. And no, I don't have TiVo. And I hate watching TV on a computer. There's something wrong about watching TV where you do work.

So it's all about prioritizing. During the Survivor season, it's all about seeing that, because there are no reruns. And you catch The Office at 8:00 when you can.

So I generally watch Smallville on DVD. I missed all of last season, so I did a marathon last week, and watched all 20 episodes. And they always leave you on a cliffhanger. But doesn't that make me better than the dork waiting all summer to learn what on earth happened with Clark and Bizarro?

Actually I did catch the end of the last episode in May, so I wondered, but mostly about what the heck got them to that point. At least I don't go to ComiCon to try and get spoilers. (Please, you go online, it's easier).

See, I have always been in love with Clark Kent. I loved Christopher Reeves. I really loved Clark Kent when he was played by Dean Cain, in Lois and Clark, and now my obsession is Tom Welling. (It would freak me out if he actually were 22 . . . ewwww). But have you seen his eyes. Seriously. Those are the eyes every Superman should have.

I think I have a superhero complex. But what girl hasn't ever dreamt of the Man of Steel, sweeping her off her feet. Sigh. Lois had all the luck.

They're saying that this is the last season for Smallville. I had better see some blue tights and a cape flying before they let Tom Welling leave this role. Then I will be happy to re watch my DVDs until someone else thinks up a new slant and I get all obsessed and weird again. I'm afraid there really may be no hope for me.

Help! Superman! Save me!

6 comments:

sarah louise said...

I 100% back you up on the whole Green Arrow, Superman obsession. My husband and I watch Smallville religiously! Tom Welling has to be on my top 5 hunks of all time!

christina pettit said...

Thank You! I get a lot of teasing around here for owning the DVDs.
We actually have a "Happy Board" here, that my cousin started, for days when she was down. It has pictures of our favorite daydreams. Indy's on there, as is Han Solo, and tom Welling. However, the older you get, the sillier that looks on your wall. So it's behind the couch. We can't seem to throw it away.

Anonymous said...

Dean Cain as Clark Kent is my favorite. :D

Sharlon said...

Dean Cain was awesome! Originally I only started watching Smallville because Ry got all excited about John Schneider playing Superman's Dad. When he was killed off Ry lost interest, but I still enjoy it from time to time too. I'll have to borrow your DVD's to catch me up, I think I only saw one episoide last season and it was toward the beginning. 8:00 is too close to bedtimes for my kids, I'm lucky to see 9:00 shows!

christina pettit said...

I also have all of the Lois and Clark seasons on DVD . . . I correct a lot of papers in front of the TV and I hate commercials.

Jennie-O said...

Christina, you erased my comment!! How RUDE!! Yes, yes you do get alot of teasing. However, I do enjoy the "Happy Board" It still think we should display it in the living room.