Friday, September 26, 2008

blogging

My cousin Autumn and I have an ongoing argu . . . discussion . . . about blogs versus facebook. When she heard I started a blog she said I had betrayed her. I think she was over reacting a little. (She still hasn't read my blog).

I am on face book, but I don't understand it's popularity. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid, but how many times must I be invited to join in duck, duck, goose, or a pie fight? Or be sent a hug by someone I haven't seen in many, MANY years? What exactly do these things really mean? Autumn's position is that you can communicate back and forth better on Facebook than you can on a blog. (If you can even find your "wall").

And you don't have to read crazy people's thoughts. Hmmmmm. I wonder who she means.

So I wonder what she will say when she hears that I have discovered scrapblogging. Which is only natural for a scrapbooker I guess. I just spent all morning working on a new scrapblog, and I know I am going to get teased.

So first, shut up, and second, shut up.

I have decided that this is really neat and Autumn is dumb. There's only one draw back. While I like the final presentation, I don't like the final presentation. I like the music and transitions and stuff. It reminds me of the old slide shows we used to have at family parties.

But I love pulling out my scrapbooks when I want to and just pouring over them. A scrapblog is so much like those facebook piefights.

So a scrap blog is nice, for those of my friends who are actually interested in seeing pictures of my nieces and nephews and my various vacations. Otherwise, skip on down and just read this crazy person's thoughts.

Comments are appreciated.

See Autumn, we do communicate on a blog.

6 comments:

Jennie-O said...

You have too much time on your hands wtih that scrablogging stuff!! I will eventually be sucked into it too I am sure just like I was wtih blogging

Sharlon said...

Love it! I need to introduce you to Memory Mixer!!! It's scrap booking on your computer, and the part I like best is that you don't have to keep buying paper. I still like real scrap booking but this is fun too. The scrap blog is cool. I signed up too but have yet to put anything together. Got to busy getting Tev off to a Scout overnighter, but tomorrow is another day!!

Erin said...

I like blogging better than facebook too. It allows me to journal and fill friends and family in on life. I love to catch up with what is going on with everyone else too.

I hate all of the silly stuff on facebook too.

Sharlon said...

Has Autumn been convinced yet she needs to blog or is she still being too stubborn?
I prefer blogging, facebook is too messy. But facebook is good for connecting with old friends and hopefully directing them towards your blog. That is facebook's only good quality!

christina pettit said...

Sharlon,
Autumn is too busy writing her novel. Which by the way, is very good.. She'll be famous yet!

Sharlon said...

Cool! Let us know when it's out and we'll all buy it!!