Friday, September 5, 2008

Update

I know everyone is dying to know . . .
My meeting was a total waste of time last night. We got all that information during a summer conference in June. And at my table I saw the following from teachers:
  • grading papers
  • planning lessons
  • texting (that was me)
  • sleeping
  • playing games on the cell phone
  • playing games with pennies . . . that's boredom

No one at our table was listening.

We were about to go when some yahoo at another table asked a question that made the meeting longer. My first thought was, "Shut Up!" My next thought was "You were listening? I wasn't that interested in June." But we left our information so we can get paid. After taxes I can probably go to a really nice meal at McDonald's. And we stormed the doors. One dude sat by some doors that were hidden by drapes and got out before all of us, while Miss Goody-Two-Shoes was asking her question. We were all jealous.

At least the dinner was good.

Just so you know what your tax dollars were going to last night.

I still missed Smallville.

2 comments:

Sharlon said...

That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! And to think I thought my tax dollars were going to be wasted! I'm grateful to know I helped feed all those starving teachers and saved them from at least one night of Mickey D's food. Your Welcome!!!


LOL!!!!

christina pettit said...

Yeah, but was it worth it? honestly, three hours of that . . . and my fellow teacher and I kept getting cases of the giggles over things we were seeing other teachers do. Like fall asleep in a sitting position.
But, hey, thanks for the lasagna and cheese cake.
obviously I am still ticked off about this. lol