Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Ugly Couch

On Saturday, I posted a picture of my crazy roommate. My dear friend Sharlon noticed not the goofy pink feetsie jammies she was wearing (or the fact that she was wearing them at 1:20 pm) but that our couch was ugly.

All I can say is . . .
You only noticed the couch?!

Let me take you on a tour of our lovely abode. And remember, we moved here because it has been recently "remodeled."

Here is our couch. When I first moved into this complex we had a couch that a roommate picked up off the curb. I graduated from that to a Bean Bag (yes, a bean bag) and a chair my mom donated. Jessica got this couch and all the end tables for a song about a year or so ago. We had a cover, but that was uglier than the plaid.

But ignore the lovely 80's flashback of a couch and travel back in time further as you turn your attention to . . .

. . . The wood paneled wall. Which by the way is not sanded, varnished or finished in anyway. You can get a sliver by leaning on this wall. So all of those cracks are filled with cobwebs that will never come out. Not that we've actually tried.

Now our landlord did remodel the kitchen. There are new appliances, more cupboard space, and new counter tops and sinks and floor tiles. Our last kitchen had smaller cabinets that had been stained a dark walnut and then painted white. Who stains anything dark in a kitchen this small? And doesn't sand before they paint? This is much better. But can you tell what they didn't change?

If you guessed ugly fluorescent lighting you are correct! Check out the stains. And they hum. Loudly.

In the wind they rattle. I think if we were to lift one of the covers up, things would fall out. I'm not sure what things, but things.

1 comment:

Sharlon said...

I noticed the jammies, they look comfy! But your roomie really must have been extremely tired to fall asleep on that couch!!!
Then again who am I to judge, I have yet to buy a couch! each and every couch Ry & I have owned has been free and a hand-me-down from a friend or family member. Our first had big orange flowers all over it and was straight from the sixties!!! Our current couch is way too big for our livingroom, but at least it's comfy!!! Guess you can't be picky when you get it for a song!!!